- Published Aug 31st
- Ready In45m
Smoked Salmon Pasta with Scotch Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Smoked Salmon Pasta with Scotch for 8 servings:
- 1 (16 ounce) package dry penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups fish stock
- 2 cups white wine
- 3 tablespoons Scotch whiskey
- 1/2 pound chopped smoked salmon
- 2 cups heavy cream
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese for topping
- 1 bunch Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
Smoked Salmon Pasta with Scotch Cooking Instructions
- Ready In45m
To cook Smoked Salmon Pasta with Scotch, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Smoked Salmon Pasta with Scotch is about 30 minutes , and you can serve your Smoked Salmon Pasta with Scotch within 45 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Smoked Salmon Pasta with Scotch easily:
- 1 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place penne pasta in the pot, cook 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
- 2 Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the onion until tender. Pour in the fish stock and white wine, and cook until reduced by 1/2.
- 3 Remove the skillet from heat, and pour in the Scotch whiskey. Using a long match, carefully ignite the Scotch. Once the flame had subsided, return the skillet to medium heat, and mix in the salmon. Stir in the cream, and bring the mixture to a boil. Continue to cook and stir until thickened.
- 4 In a large bowl, toss the cooked penne pasta with the salmon mixture. Season with pepper, and top with Parmesan cheese and parsley to serve.
Per Serving: 580 calories; 28.1 grams of fat; 48.9 grams of carbohydrates; 18.1 grams of protein; 92 milligrams of cholesterol; 519 milligrams of sodium.