- Published May 31st
- Ready In5h
Smoked Salmon Sushi Roll Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Smoked Salmon Sushi Roll for 6 servings:
- 2 cups Japanese sushi rice
- 6 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 6 sheets nori (dry seaweed)
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 8 ounces smoked salmon, cut into long strips
- 2 tablespoons wasabi paste
Smoked Salmon Sushi Roll Cooking Instructions
- Ready In5h
To cook Smoked Salmon Sushi Roll, you need about 30 minutes of preparation time. The following are the steps to cook Smoked Salmon Sushi Roll easily:
- 1 Soak rice for 4 hours. Drain rice and cook in a rice cooker with 2 cups of water. Rice must be slightly dry as vinegar will be added later.
- 2 Immediately after rice is cooked, mix in 6 tablespoons rice vinegar to the hot rice. Spread rice on a plate until completely cool.
- 3 Place 1 sheet of seaweed on bamboo mat, press a thin layer of cool rice on the seaweed. Leave at least 1/2 inch top and bottom edge of the seaweed uncovered. This is for easier sealing later. Dot some wasabi on the rice. Arrange cucumber, avocado and smoked salmon to the rice. Position them about 1 inch away from the bottom edge of the seaweed.
- 4 Slightly wet the top edge of the seaweed. Roll from bottom to the top edge with the help of the bamboo mat tightly. Cut roll into 8 equal pieces and serve. Repeat for other rolls.
Per Serving: 291 calories; 6.9 grams of fat; 45.1 grams of carbohydrates; 11.1 grams of protein; 9 milligrams of cholesterol; 405 milligrams of sodium.