- Published Aug 12th
- Ready In1h 40m
Smokey Clamicken Chowder Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Smokey Clamicken Chowder for 12 servings:
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (48 fluid ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons garlic and herb seasoning blend
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 potato, cubed
- 2 (6.5 ounce) cans chopped clams
- 1/2 pound roasted chicken thigh meat, diced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup coarsely shredded smoked cheddar cheese (optional)
Smokey Clamicken Chowder Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 40m
To cook Smokey Clamicken Chowder, you need about 45 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Smokey Clamicken Chowder is about 55 minutes , and you can serve your Smokey Clamicken Chowder within 1 hour 40 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Smokey Clamicken Chowder easily:
- 1 Cook the bacon and olive oil in a large pot over medium heat until the grease has rendered out, and the bacon has begun to brown. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon, and set aside. Stir the garlic, onion, carrots, and celery into the bacon drippings, and cook for 10 minutes until the onion softens and becomes translucent. Stir in the flour, and continue cooking and stirring 10 minutes more.
- 2 Pour in the chicken broth, and season with cumin, red pepper flakes, garlic and herb seasoning blend, bay leaf, thyme, salt, and poultry seasoning. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 3 Meanwhile, place broccoli in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water, and cover. Cook until tender, 2 to 4 minutes. Drain, and place into a blender. Puree until smooth, using some of the half-and-half as needed.
- 4 Add the broccoli puree, remaining half-and-half, potato, clams, and chicken to the simmering chowder. Return to a simmer, and cook until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in the cubed butter until melted, and sprinkle with Cheddar cheese to serve.
Per Serving: 317 calories; 19.9 grams of fat; 14.7 grams of carbohydrates; 19.4 grams of protein; 79 milligrams of cholesterol; 1011 milligrams of sodium.