A warm, flavorful dish filled with mahi-mahi, fresh fruit and an exotic ginger-lime dressing. Unique, yet tasteful, this recipe is inspired by the fresh seafood recipes in Mexico and Central America. I serve chips and salsa on the side.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 (3 ounce) fillets mahi mahi fillets
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 large mango - peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 6 (6 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the mahi-mahi with salt and pepper. Cook the fillets in the hot oil until the fish is golden brown on each side, and no longer translucent in the center, about 3 minutes per side.
- 2 Meanwhile, whisk together the sour cream, lime juice, ginger, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper to taste; set aside. Gently combine the mango, pineapple, avocado, and jalapeno in a bowl.
- 3 To assemble, place a cooked mahi-mahi fillet into the center of a warmed tortilla. Place a scoop of the mango salsa onto the fish, then drizzle with the sour cream sauce, and finish with a generous pinch of chopped cilantro.
- Calories 324.1
- Carbohydrate 33 g
- Cholesterol 67.7 mg
- Fat 13.2 g
- Fiber 4.9 g
- Protein 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Sodium 292.6 mg
- Sugar 11.3 g