Super moist and tender drop biscuits.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup unsalted butter - melted, cooled, and divided
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon Hungarian hot paprika, or to taste
- 1 Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2 Whisk flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and baking soda together in a large bowl. Drizzle in 6 tablespoons melted butter and mix lightly with your hands to distribute butter. Make a well in the center of the bowl; add sour cream and scallions. Mix with a wooden spoon until no dry spots remain and a shaggy dough forms.
- 3 Drop 1/2-cupfuls of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them at least 1 1/2 inch apart. Brush tops with remaining 2 tablespoons butter; sprinkle with paprika.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven until tops and bottoms are golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Calories 313.2
- Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Cholesterol 49.5 mg
- Fat 20.9 g
- Fiber 1.1 g
- Protein 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13 g
- Sodium 706.9 mg
- Sugar 0.9 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.