- Published May 31st
- Ready In1h 20m
South African Malvapoeding (Marshmallow Pudding) Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious South African Malvapoeding (Marshmallow Pudding) for 10 servings:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon apricot jelly
- 1 1/3 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup water, orange juice, or sherry
South African Malvapoeding (Marshmallow Pudding) Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 20m
To cook South African Malvapoeding (Marshmallow Pudding), you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this South African Malvapoeding (Marshmallow Pudding) is about 1 hour , and you can serve your South African Malvapoeding (Marshmallow Pudding) within 1 hour 20 minutes . The following are the steps to cook South African Malvapoeding (Marshmallow Pudding) easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a small saucepan over low heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter or margarine together with vinegar and milk. Remove from heat, and set aside. Meanwhile, sift flour, baking soda, and salt together into a separate bowl.
- 2 Beat 1 cup sugar and eggs with an electric mixer on high speed until fluffy and light colored, about 5 minutes. Gradually mix in the apricot jam. Fold the dry ingredients into the egg mixture alternately with warmed milk mixture using a spatula. Pour batter into a greased, 1 quart oven-proof baking dish.
- 3 Bake approximately 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- 4 Place cream, butter, 1/2 cup sugar, and water in a saucepan and stir over moderate heat until the butter has melted and sugar is dissolved. Do not allow the mixture to boil.
- 5 Remove pudding from the oven, pierce several times with a skewer or fork, and pour the hot cream mixture immediately over the pudding. Serve hot or cold.
Per Serving: 396 calories; 21.9 grams of fat; 47.5 grams of carbohydrates; 3.8 grams of protein; 102 milligrams of cholesterol; 237 milligrams of sodium.