- Published Aug 31st
- Ready In45m
South Asian-Style Ground Beef (Keema) Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious South Asian-Style Ground Beef (Keema) for 6 servings:
- 2 tablespoons butter, or more to taste
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
South Asian-Style Ground Beef (Keema) Cooking Instructions
- Ready In45m
To cook South Asian-Style Ground Beef (Keema), you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this South Asian-Style Ground Beef (Keema) is about 30 minutes , and you can serve your South Asian-Style Ground Beef (Keema) within 45 minutes . The following are the steps to cook South Asian-Style Ground Beef (Keema) easily:
- 1 Melt butter in a large wok or skillet over high heat; saute onions and garlic until onions are almost transparent, about 5 minutes.
- 2 Combine curry powder, salt, turmeric, cayenne pepper, black pepper, ginger, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- 3 Stir ground beef into onion mixture and cook, breaking beef into small crumbles, until beef is cooked through and browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Add curry mixture to ground beef mixture and stir well.
- 4 Mix potatoes and tomatoes into ground beef mixture, reduce heat to medium, cover wok, and cook until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- Oil can be substituted for the butter.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 280 calories; 16.1 grams of fat; 19.2 grams of carbohydrates; 15 grams of protein; 57 milligrams of cholesterol; 1049 milligrams of sodium.