This is one of my favorite salad recipes passed on to me from my friend Pam D. A wonderful light and crunchy salad. Great with seared Ahi tuna.
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 large head bok choy, chopped
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup sunflower seed kernels
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles, crumbled (flavoring packets reserved for other use)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Mix romaine lettuce and bok choy in a large bowl; add almonds and sunflower seed kernels. Sprinkle crumbled ramen noodles over the lettuce mixture; add Mandarin oranges and toss.
- 2 Melt butter in small skillet over medium heat; cook until browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 3 Beat olive oil, vinegar, sugar, and soy sauce together to dissolve the sugar until the mixture is smooth; whisk browned butter into the mixture.
- 4 Drizzle dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
- Calories 267.7
- Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Cholesterol 5.1 mg
- Fat 18.3 g
- Fiber 2.8 g
- Protein 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Sodium 393.1 mg
- Sugar 12.1 g