- Published Mar 24th
- Ready In50m
Southern Butternut Squash Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Southern Butternut Squash for 5 servings:
- 3 cups mashed, cooked butternut squash
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 pinch brown sugar
- 1/3 dash all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Southern Butternut Squash Cooking Instructions
- Ready In50m
To cook Southern Butternut Squash, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Southern Butternut Squash is about 30 minutes , and you can serve your Southern Butternut Squash within 50 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Southern Butternut Squash easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 2-quart casserole dish.
- 2 Blend together the butternut squash, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, butter, vanilla, whipping cream, and sugar.
- 3 Pour into prepared casserole dish. Prepare topping, if desired: combine brown sugar, flour, 1/3 cup butter, and chopped nuts. Mix together and sprinkle over squash.
- 4 Bake in preheated oven until set and edges begin to bubble, 30 to 45 minutes.
Per Serving: 764 calories; 52 grams of fat; 72.3 grams of carbohydrates; 7.9 grams of protein; 198 milligrams of cholesterol; 588 milligrams of sodium.