- Published Sep 11th
- Ready In30m
Southern Chicken Fried Steak Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Southern Chicken Fried Steak for 6 servings:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- salt-free herb seasoning to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 pounds veal cutlets
- 1/4 cup oil for frying
Southern Chicken Fried Steak Cooking Instructions
- Ready In30m
To cook Southern Chicken Fried Steak, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Southern Chicken Fried Steak is about 20 minutes , and you can serve your Southern Chicken Fried Steak within 30 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Southern Chicken Fried Steak easily:
- 1 In a shallow bowl, combine flour, herb seasoning, salt and pepper. In another bowl, place the beaten eggs. Coat each veal cutlet with the flour mixture, then dip into egg, then back into the flour mixture.
- 2 Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Place veal cutlets into hot oil, and cook until browned, about 10 minutes on each side.
- Editor's Note
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount may vary depending on cook time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 379 calories; 10.8 grams of fat; 31.9 grams of carbohydrates; 35.5 grams of protein; 198 milligrams of cholesterol; 168 milligrams of sodium.