- Published May 2nd
- Ready In1h 10m
Southern Smothered Pork Chops in Brown Gravy Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Southern Smothered Pork Chops in Brown Gravy:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, thinly sliced and quartered
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 ½ cups sliced baby bella mushrooms, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 4 center-cut pork chops
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- cooking spray
Southern Smothered Pork Chops in Brown Gravy Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 10m
To cook Southern Smothered Pork Chops in Brown Gravy, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Southern Smothered Pork Chops in Brown Gravy is about 1 hour , and you can serve your Southern Smothered Pork Chops in Brown Gravy within 1 hour 10 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Southern Smothered Pork Chops in Brown Gravy easily:
- 1 Melt butter in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook onion and garlic in the butter, stirring occasionally, until is browned, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove onion and garlic and set aside.
- 2 Stir flour slowly into butter. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until flour is deep brown, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Gradually stir in broth. Add onion, garlic, mushrooms, and parsley. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- 3 Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Season pork chops with salt and pepper and brown in the hot pan, 5 to 7 minutes per side. Add gravy mixture from the saucepan. Cover and cook over low heat until tender and no longer pink in the centers, 30 to 40 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
Per Serving: 359 calories; 13.6 g of carbohydrate; 96 mg of cholesterol; 20.4 g of fat; 1.7 g of fiber; 29.7 g of protein; 10.3 g of saturatedFat; 829 mg of sodium; 3 g of sugar;