- Published Sep 8th
- Ready In35m
Southwest Squash Casserole Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Southwest Squash Casserole for 8 servings:
- 2 pounds yellow squash, cut in 1/4 inch slices
- 2 sweet onions, quartered and separated
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup crushed tortilla chips
Southwest Squash Casserole Cooking Instructions
- Ready In35m
To cook Southwest Squash Casserole, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Southwest Squash Casserole is about 20 minutes , and you can serve your Southwest Squash Casserole within 35 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Southwest Squash Casserole easily:
- 1 Lightly grease a large casserole dish. Arrange the squash, onions, and red bell pepper in the dish. Place in the microwave, and cook on High 10 minutes, stirring once, until tender.
- 2 Gently mix the mushrooms, green chile peppers, jalapeno peppers, cheese, and sour cream into the dish. Sprinkle with crushed tortilla chips. Cover dish, and cook in the microwave 10 minutes on Medium-high power, or until cheese is melted and casserole is heated through.
Per Serving: 228 calories; 15.6 grams of fat; 13.1 grams of carbohydrates; 11.7 grams of protein; 38 milligrams of cholesterol; 347 milligrams of sodium.