- Published Jan 14th
- Ready In1h
Southwestern Bake Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Southwestern Bake for 9 servings:
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (8.75 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 cups fresh salsa
- 5 cups crushed plain tortilla chips
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 large fresh tomato, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped (optional)
Southwestern Bake Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h
To cook Southwestern Bake, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Southwestern Bake is about 40 minutes , and you can serve your Southwestern Bake within 1 hour . The following are the steps to cook Southwestern Bake easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 2 In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef with the garlic and onion; drain.
- 3 In a large mixing bowl, combine the meat mixture, chili powder, black beans, corn, sour cream and salsa. Stir until well blended.
- 4 Into a 9x13 inch baking dish, spoon enough of the beef mixture to cover the bottom. Arrange half of the crushed tortilla chips on top of the meat mixture and layer with 1 cup of Cheddar cheese. Spoon another layer of the meat mixture on top of the cheese layer, cover with remaining chips and layer with 1 cup of cheese. Spread final layer of meat mixture on top and sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of cheese on top. Top with diced tomato and green onions.
- 5 Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Per Serving: 570 calories; 40.4 grams of fat; 29 grams of carbohydrates; 26 grams of protein; 108 milligrams of cholesterol; 973 milligrams of sodium.