Published Oct 1st
Prep 15m Cook 57m Additional - Ready In 72m
Servings 6 servings Calories 414.7
This recipe was part of a contest for Potatoes USA developed and cooked by LazyFoodieGirl and Staci.
- 3 russet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 mushrooms, diced
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 1 (7 ounce) can canned chipotle peppers, minced
- ½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- 2 Place potatoes in a bowl and drizzle 1 tablespoon canola oil over potatoes; toss to coat. Spread potatoes onto a baking sheet.
- 3 Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes; flip potatoes and continue baking until tender and lightly browned, about 15 minutes more.
- 4 Heat 1 tablespoon canola oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; cook and stir red bell pepper and green bell pepper until softened, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- 5 Pour 1 tablespoon canola oil into the same skillet over medium-high heat; add onion and mushrooms. Cook and stir until onions are translucent and mushrooms are lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Transfer onion mixture to bowl with peppers.
- 6 Cook and stir sausage in the same skillet over medium heat until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Add chipotle peppers and cook until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 7 Layer potato rounds in a serving dish; top with sausage, pepper and onion mixture, Monterey Jack cheese, and cilantro.
- Calories 414.7
- Carbohydrate 27.3 g
- Cholesterol 51.7 mg
- Fat 26.9 g
- Fiber 4.9 g
- Protein 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8 g
- Sodium 883 mg
- Sugar 3.9 g