A tip of the hat to spring, these pasta ‘nests’ are filled with delicious sausage ‘eggs’, then covered in a blanket of sauce and cheese. A quick and delicious solution to family dinner!
- 1 (16 ounce) box Barilla® Spaghetti
- 1 (24 ounce) jar Barilla® Traditional Sauce
- Cooking spray
- 1 (12 ounce) package mild Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, or more as needed
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray the inside of 8 (4- or 5-inch) ramekins with cooking spray.
- 2 Heat sauce in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- 3 Place sausage in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir, breaking up sausage into small pieces as it browns and loses its pink color, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- 4 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until tender yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain.
- 5 Line the bottom of prepared ramekins with a "nest" of cooked spaghetti, making sure the bottom is covered. Divide cooked sausage among the ramekins on top of pasta. Top with about 1/3 cup sauce, ensuring sausage is covered. Sprinkle enough mozzarella on top to cover.
- 6 Bake "nests" in preheated oven until cheese is bubbling, about 20 minutes. Allow to sit for five minutes before serving.
- Calories 386.8
- Carbohydrate 53 g
- Cholesterol 25.7 mg
- Fat 11.6 g
- Fiber 4.1 g
- Protein 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Sodium 719.9 mg
- Sugar 0.4 g