Nothing like the Mediterranean tastes of tomato, onion, bell peppers and of course chicken! All these tastes bundled up with chili sauce in one slow cooker. Simple, Spanish, scrumptious! Serve with asparagus and corn over plain white rice, if desired.
- 2 pounds boneless chicken thighs
- 1 quart boiling water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 5 onions, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 5 large green bell peppers, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) jar chili sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 Place chicken in a large slow cooker. Pour in enough boiling water to completely cover the chicken, and add 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cover, and set slow cooker to HIGH. Cook until the chicken meat turns white.
- 2 Add the peppers and onions. Simmer until peppers and onions get a little tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce, chili sauce, and ketchup. Cover, set slow cooker to LOW, and cook for about 6 hours.
- Calories 341.5
- Carbohydrate 24 g
- Cholesterol 95.3 mg
- Fat 17.7 g
- Fiber 3.7 g
- Protein 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5 g
- Sodium 850.3 mg
- Sugar 14.3 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.