- Published Jul 9th
- Ready In20m
Spanish Garlic Shrimp (Gambas al Ajillo) Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Spanish Garlic Shrimp (Gambas al Ajillo) for 4 servings:
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 pound frozen large shrimp (21-25 count) - thawed, peeled, and deveined
- kosher salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon hot smoked paprika (optional)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
Spanish Garlic Shrimp (Gambas al Ajillo) Cooking Instructions
- Ready In20m
To cook Spanish Garlic Shrimp (Gambas al Ajillo), you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Spanish Garlic Shrimp (Gambas al Ajillo) is about 5 minutes , and you can serve your Spanish Garlic Shrimp (Gambas al Ajillo) within 20 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Spanish Garlic Shrimp (Gambas al Ajillo) easily:
- 1 Slice garlic thinly. Season shrimp with kosher salt and paprika. Mix to coat.
- 2 Heat garlic and oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook until garlic starts to turn golden, about 2 minutes. Add shrimp and increase heat to high. Toss and turn shrimp with tongs until starting to curl but still undercooked, about 2 minutes. Pour in sherry. Cook, stirring continuously, until sauce comes up to a boil and shrimp is cooked through, about 1 minute more. Remove from heat. Stir in parsley with a spoon.
- Chef's Notes:
- Unless you live in a few choice locations, it's rare to find true fresh shrimp at the market. All they do is thaw some frozen, and put it in the case, where it sits until you buy it, which is why it really makes a lot more sense to purchase frozen. To thaw, run cold water into the bowl of frozen shrimp and let it sit for about 10 minutes before draining. Repeat once more.
- Feel free to substitute sherry with white wine plus a pinch of sugar.
- This video shows how to properly devein shrimp.
Per Serving: 227 calories; 15.1 grams of fat; 2.5 grams of carbohydrates; 18.8 grams of protein; 173 milligrams of cholesterol; 344 milligrams of sodium.