Spanish Garlic Shrimp on Skewers is an ideal recipe for a summertime fiesta–a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. Our tantalizing shrimp and garlic recipe sandwiches scrumptious seafood with red bell peppers for a party delight. Grill up this Spanish Garlic Shrimp as an appetizer or main course and watch the neighbors flock to your backyard.
- 2 tablespoons GOYA® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon GOYA® Adobo with Pepper
- 1 teaspoon GOYA® Minced Garlic
- ¼ teaspoon GOYA® Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large green and/or red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 slices
- 4 skewers
- 1 In zip-top plastic bag, or plastic container with a lid, mix together oil, Adobo, garlic and pepper flakes. Add shrimp, tossing to combine; transfer to refrigerator. Chill shrimp at least 15 minutes, or up to 30 minutes.
- 2 Remove shrimp from marinade; reserve any remaining liquid. Alternately thread peppers, shrimp and lemons on skewers, so that each skewer starts and ends with peppers and contains 4 shrimp pieces. Using pastry brush, brush reserved marinade onto shrimp and vegetables.
- 3 Prepare grill to medium-high heat, or heat a heavy-bottomed grill pan over medium-high heat. Place shrimp on hot surface and cook until shrimp turn pink and opaque, flipping once, 3 - 5 minutes.
- Calories 95.8
- Carbohydrate 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 172.6 mg
- Fat 1 g
- Fiber 0.7 g
- Protein 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Sodium 199.5 mg
- Sugar 1 g