- Published Apr 3rd
- Ready In1h
Spanish Rice Bake Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Spanish Rice Bake for 6 servings:
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can canned tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup chile sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Spanish Rice Bake Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h
To cook Spanish Rice Bake, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Spanish Rice Bake is about 45 minutes , and you can serve your Spanish Rice Bake within 1 hour . The following are the steps to cook Spanish Rice Bake easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 2 Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain excess fat and transfer beef to a large pot over medium low heat.. Stir in the onion, green bell pepper, tomatoes, water, rice, chile sauce, salt, brown sugar, cumin, Worcestershire sauce and ground black pepper.
- 3 Let this simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, then transport this to a 2-quart casserole dish. Press down firmly and sprinkle with the shredded Cheddar cheese.
- 4 Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 10 to 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Garnish with chopped fresh cilantro.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 350 calories; 19.1 grams of fat; 24.9 grams of carbohydrates; 18.5 grams of protein; 67 milligrams of cholesterol; 604 milligrams of sodium.