- Published Apr 26th
- Ready In44m
Spanish-Style Chicken and Rice Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Spanish-Style Chicken and Rice for 4 servings:
- 1 ½ teaspoons smoked paprika, divided
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (8 ounce) bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- ½ large yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 4 cups loosely packed torn curly kale
- ½ cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1 (8.8 ounce) package UNCLE BEN'S® READY RICE® Spanish-Style Rice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt to taste (optional)
Spanish-Style Chicken and Rice Cooking Instructions
- Ready In44m
To cook Spanish-Style Chicken and Rice, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Spanish-Style Chicken and Rice is about 34 minutes , and you can serve your Spanish-Style Chicken and Rice within 44 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Spanish-Style Chicken and Rice easily:
- 1 Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Combine 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika, garlic powder, and pepper; sprinkle evenly over both sides of chicken.
- 2 Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan, skin-side down. Cook until skin is lightly browned, 5 to 6 minutes. Turn chicken over; cook 3 minutes. Remove chicken from pan (it will not be completely done at this point).
- 3 Add green onions and bell pepper to drippings in pan; saute 2 minutes. Add kale and chicken stock; cover and cook 2 minutes or until kale is lightly wilted. Stir rice, vinegar, and remaining 1 teaspoon smoked paprika into kale mixture. Nestle chicken on top of rice mixture. Bake at 400 degrees F until a thermometer inserted into thickest part of a thigh registers 165 degrees F, about 22 minutes.