A tasty, mild alternative to meaty chili that includes ground flax seeds to help hold things together. What’s extra special about this recipe is that it doesn’t take hours to make! Serve hot with pita bread.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ⅓ cup chopped yellow onion
- ⅓ cup minced carrot
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup minced cremini mushrooms
- 1 (19 ounce) can mixed beans, drained
- 1 ½ cups canned diced tomatoes, with juices
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground flax seeds
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 pinches ground black pepper
- 1 Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add red bell pepper, onion, carrot, and garlic; cook and stir until lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook for 1 minute.
- 2 Transfer red bell pepper mixture to a pot. Add mixed beans, diced tomatoes with juice, chili powder, flax seeds, cumin, oregano, and black pepper; stir well. Bring to a boil; simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, until flavors combine, about 30 minutes.
- Calories 197.6
- Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Fat 4.4 g
- Fiber 9.2 g
- Protein 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Sodium 692.9 mg
- Sugar 4.2 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.