- Published Jul 9th
- Ready In45m
Spence’s Pesto Chicken Pasta Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Spence’s Pesto Chicken Pasta for 4 servings:
- 1/2 pound linguine pasta
- 1 (8 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 whole garlic cloves
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, halved
- 6 ounces roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 (7.5 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 3 ounces fresh spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup prepared basil pesto, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided (optional)
Spence’s Pesto Chicken Pasta Cooking Instructions
- Ready In45m
To cook Spence’s Pesto Chicken Pasta, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Spence’s Pesto Chicken Pasta is about 25 minutes , and you can serve your Spence’s Pesto Chicken Pasta within 45 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Spence’s Pesto Chicken Pasta easily:
- 1 Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the linguine, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink.
- 2 While the pasta is boiling, sprinkle the chicken with salt and black pepper. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and cook the chicken pieces until lightly browned, about 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in the garlic cloves, mushrooms, roasted red peppers, and artichoke hearts; reduce heat to a simmer, and cook until the mushrooms begin to give off their juices, 5 to 8 minutes. Stir in the spinach, and simmer just until the leaves are wilted, about 2 minutes.
- 3 Transfer the cooked linguine into a bowl, and toss with the basil pesto. Divide the pasta between 2 plates, and serve topped with the chicken mixture. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over each plate to serve.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 512 calories; 23.3 grams of fat; 53.5 grams of carbohydrates; 26.1 grams of protein; 35 milligrams of cholesterol; 540 milligrams of sodium.