This is a recipe I received from a friend that I have revised to suit our tastes. A spicy and delicious change from regular hamburgers!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 1 ear corn, kernels cut from cob
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup plain bread crumbs
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup all-purpose flour, or as needed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or as needed
- 1 Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion, garlic, jalapeno pepper, and oregano until onions are translucent, 8 to 10 minutes. Cook and stir red bell pepper and corn into onion mixture until red bell pepper is tender, 2 to 4 more minutes.
- 2 Mash black beans in a large bowl. Stir vegetable mixture, bread crumbs, chili powder, cilantro, cumin, and salt into mashed black beans. Divide mixture into 4 patties and coat both sides of each patty with flour.
- 3 Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook patties until browned, 5 to 8 minutes on each side.
- Calories 311.4
- Carbohydrate 48.6 g
- Fat 8.8 g
- Fiber 10.8 g
- Protein 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Sodium 830.5 mg
- Sugar 3.3 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.