This is my version of a spicy low-carb chicken stew I created while starting a flat belly cleanse. I don’t measure so the measurements are approximate – adjust to your taste! It just turned out so good I had to share!
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 large zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers (such as RO*TEL®)
- ⅓ (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons sofrito
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir chicken until juices start to run clear, about 4 minutes. Add zucchini, celery, onion, and garlic; cook and stir until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 2 Stir diced tomatoes, chicken broth, sofrito, Cajun seasoning, and red pepper flakes into the pot. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer soup until flavors blend together, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Calories 171.4
- Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 30 mg
- Fat 7.5 g
- Fiber 3.4 g
- Protein 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Sodium 1314.6 mg
- Sugar 2.9 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.