- Published Nov 10th
- Ready In1h 10m
Spicy Chicken in Tomato-Coconut Sauce Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Spicy Chicken in Tomato-Coconut Sauce for 8 servings:
- 2 cups uncooked basmati rice
- 1 quart water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 (6 ounce) can Italian-style tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard seed
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cubes chicken bouillon
- 8 wedges lime
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Spicy Chicken in Tomato-Coconut Sauce Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 10m
To cook Spicy Chicken in Tomato-Coconut Sauce, you need about 25 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Spicy Chicken in Tomato-Coconut Sauce is about 45 minutes , and you can serve your Spicy Chicken in Tomato-Coconut Sauce within 1 hour 10 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Spicy Chicken in Tomato-Coconut Sauce easily:
- 1 Bring the rice and 1 quart water to a boil in a pot. Season with 1 teaspoon salt and onion powder. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes.
- 2 Heat the oil in a skillet, and brown the chicken on all sides. Set chicken aside, and mix in the onion and jalapenos. Cook until tender. Pour in the coconut milk and 1 cup water, and stir in diced tomatoes with green chiles and tomato paste. Season with cumin, garam masala, mustard seed, cayenne pepper, and 2 teaspoons salt. Dissolve bouillon cubes in the mixture. Bring to a boil. Return chicken to skillet, and continue cooking 10 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear.
- 3 Remove chicken from skillet, cool enough to handle, and remove meat from bones. Return meat to skillet. Serve mixture over the cooked rice. Garnish with lime wedges, and top each serving with a dollop of sour cream.
Per Serving: 497 calories; 23.4 grams of fat; 52.5 grams of carbohydrates; 21 grams of protein; 54 milligrams of cholesterol; 1841 milligrams of sodium.