I cook the squid in garlic, soy sauce, chile oil, and butter. It’s a simple but delicious combination.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger root
- 4 drops chile oil, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 pounds squid, cleaned and chopped
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 Mix soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and chile oil together in a bowl until soy-ginger sauce is smooth.
- 2 Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet or wok over medium heat; add squid. Cook and stir squid, adding soy-ginger sauce, until sauce is reduced and thickened, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and stir in butter until well integrated.
- 3 Squeeze lemon halves over squid to serve.
- Calories 271
- Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 544.2 mg
- Fat 9.4 g
- Fiber 0.1 g
- Protein 36 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Sodium 592.1 mg
- Sugar 0.2 g