These spicy baked fries are very easy to make, and a great way to kick up your burger platter.
- 4 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch thick fries
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup tomato-vegetable juice cocktail
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried onion granules
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a large baking sheet.
- 2 Fill a large bowl with cold water, add the potatoes, and allow to soak for 10 minutes.
- 3 Whisk together the oil, vegetable juice cocktail, chili powder, ground cumin, onion granules, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Drain the potatoes, and pat dry with paper towels. Toss the potatoes with the oil and spice mixture; stir until evenly coated. Arrange fries in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- 4 Bake fries in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Turn and continue to bake until browned and crispy, about 20 additional minutes.
- Calories 427.3
- Carbohydrate 69.1 g
- Fat 14.5 g
- Fiber 9.2 g
- Protein 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Sodium 1826.8 mg
- Sugar 5.1 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.