This is a tasty dinner you can make quickly that is often a favorite with the young kids in the family.
- 1 pound tilapia fillets
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (4.6 ounce) package taco shells
- 1 (6 ounce) container plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- ½ teaspoon grated lime zest
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small jalapeno chile, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 Season tilapia fillets with taco seasoning.
- 2 Heat oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Cook fish in hot oil until fish flakes easily with a fork, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove from heat and cut into bite-size pieces.
- 3 Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- 4 Heat taco shells in preheated oven until crisp, about 5 minutes.
- 5 Mix yogurt, lime juice, sugar, lime zest, and salt together in a large bowl. Stir in coleslaw mix, cilantro, and jalapeno; let stand 5 minutes.
- 6 Spoon about 1/4 cup fish and 1/4 cup coleslaw mixture into each taco shell. Top each with 1 tablespoon tomato.
- Calories 167.2
- Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 20.5 mg
- Fat 5.9 g
- Fiber 1.3 g
- Protein 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Sodium 281.1 mg
- Sugar 2.5 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.