This elegant meal for two is perfect for salmon lovers who also enjoy some peppery heat with their dinner.
- cooking spray
- 1 (5 ounce) package baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, divided
- 2 teaspoons lime juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder, divided
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 2 habanero peppers, chopped
- 1 (2.2 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 2 (8 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2 Mix spinach, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon lime juice, and 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder in a large bowl. Cover the bottom of the baking dish with the mixture and set aside.
- 3 Mix tomatoes, red onion, jalapeno peppers, habanero peppers, black olives, remaining lemon juice, remaining lime juice, and remaining chipotle powder together in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- 4 Place salmon fillets on top of spinach in the baking dish and top with tomato mixture.
- 5 Bake in the preheated oven until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 14 minutes.
- Calories 452.3
- Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Cholesterol 100 mg
- Fat 17.3 g
- Fiber 6.6 g
- Protein 52.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Sodium 988 mg
- Sugar 6.1 g