- Published Apr 1st
- Ready In30m
Spicy Indian (Gujarati) Green Beans Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Spicy Indian (Gujarati) Green Beans for 4 servings:
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon black mustard seed
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 dried red chile pepper, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- ground black pepper to taste
Spicy Indian (Gujarati) Green Beans Cooking Instructions
- Ready In30m
To cook Spicy Indian (Gujarati) Green Beans, you need about 15 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Spicy Indian (Gujarati) Green Beans is about 15 minutes , and you can serve your Spicy Indian (Gujarati) Green Beans within 30 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Spicy Indian (Gujarati) Green Beans easily:
- 1 Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Place the green beans in the pot, and cook briefly, removing after 3 to 4 minutes. Drain, and rinse with cold water.
- 2 Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the mustard seed and garlic, and cook until golden brown. Mix in the chile pepper. Place the green beans in the skillet, and season with salt and sugar. Cook and stir 8 minutes, or until tender. Season with pepper to serve.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 171 calories; 14.4 grams of fat; 10.7 grams of carbohydrates; 2.9 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 589 milligrams of sodium.