Jalapeno poppers that aren’t too sweet with a little spicy kick of chorizo.
- 7 jalapeno peppers, stemmed and halved lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 5 ounces soy chorizo (such as Trader Joe's®)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) package sliced bacon
- 1 Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with a wire rack.
- 2 Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and chorizo; cook and stir until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes.
- 3 Mix chorizo, cream cheese, and Cheddar together using a blender or hand mixer until thoroughly combined. Push mixture into one corner of a resealable zip-top bag and cut the tip to create a pastry bag.
- 4 Pipe mixture into the jalapenos. Wrap each jalapeno with a slice of bacon, overlapping it over the filling. Place jalapenos on the prepared baking sheet.
- 5 Bake in the preheated oven until bacon is crispy and jalapenos are tender, about 35 minutes.
- Calories 149.5
- Carbohydrate 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 31.4 mg
- Fat 12.5 g
- Fiber 0.5 g
- Protein 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Sodium 409.9 mg
- Sugar 0.3 g