- Published May 22nd
- Ready In1h 10m
Lots of flavor packed in this Indian-spiced curry! This recipe is very adaptable and can be made to fit your preferences. You can also change up the veggies you use, alter the amount of spice, etc.
Spicy Lentil Quinoa Curry Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Spicy Lentil Quinoa Curry for 4 servings:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup dry green lentils
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon ground red chile pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garam masala (Indian spice blend)
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 dash ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
Spicy Lentil Quinoa Curry Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 10m
To cook Spicy Lentil Quinoa Curry, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Spicy Lentil Quinoa Curry is about 50 minutes , and you can serve your Spicy Lentil Quinoa Curry within 1 hour 10 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Spicy Lentil Quinoa Curry easily:
- 1 Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until translucent, about 3 minutes. Mix in mushrooms, carrots, and garlic; cook until flavors combine, about 2 minutes.
- 2 Stir vegetable broth, water, lentils, quinoa, tomato paste, curry powder, chili powder, cumin, ginger, cayenne pepper, garam masala, turmeric, salt, and pepper into the saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover; let simmer until vegetables are cooked through, about 40 minutes.
- 3 Stir butter and cream into the saucepan. Replace the lid and cook until the lentils are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Cook's Notes:
- Cooking oil can be substituted for olive oil; other types of lentils can be substituted for dry green lentils; heavy whipping cream can be substituted for milk, if desired.
- Garam masala can be found at your local ethnic grocery store or in some large chain grocery stores.
- Omit butter and cream to make it vegan-- will still taste great.
Per Serving: 413 calories; 10.5 grams of fat; 62.1 grams of carbohydrates; 19.8 grams of protein; 9 milligrams of cholesterol; 1158 milligrams of sodium.