- Published Aug 12th
- Ready In7d 45m
Pickled okra with some kick, and a nice smoky flavor. A perfect garnish or snack.
Spicy Pickled Okra Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Spicy Pickled Okra for 12 servings:
- 3/4 pound fresh okra
- 4 1/2 cups cider vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup smoked paprika
- 4 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon Szechuan peppercorns (optional)
Spicy Pickled Okra Cooking Instructions
- Ready In7d 45m
To cook Spicy Pickled Okra, you need about 30 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Spicy Pickled Okra is about 15 minutes , and you can serve your Spicy Pickled Okra within 7 days 45 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Spicy Pickled Okra easily:
- 1 Wash the okra, rubbing lightly to remove any grit and fuzz. Sterilize 2 (1 quart ) canning jars and lids in boiling water for at least 10 minutes, allow to cool before filling with okra.
- 2 Combine the cider vinegar, water, garlic, red pepper flakes, smoked paprika, salt, and peppercorns to a boil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Reduce the temperature and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- 3 Pack fresh, cleaned okra loosely into the jars. Pour the hot brine over the okra, filling the jars to the top. Seal jars, making sure you have cleaned the jar's rims of any residue. Store the jars in the refrigerator. Allow contents to pickle at least one week minimum before eating, two weeks is best.
- Cook's Note
- For those that want less kick, cut garlic and chili flakes in half and do not use Szechuan peppercorns.
Per Serving: 46 calories; 0.9 gram of fat; 6.3 grams of carbohydrates; 1.4 gram of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 882 milligrams of sodium.