- Published Sep 7th
- Ready In1h
Spicy Sausage and Peppers Over Rice Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Spicy Sausage and Peppers Over Rice for 2 servings:
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 turkey sausage links, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, or to taste
- 3/4 red onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 3/4 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons diced pimento
- crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- Cajun seasoning to taste
- black pepper to taste
Spicy Sausage and Peppers Over Rice Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h
To cook Spicy Sausage and Peppers Over Rice, you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Spicy Sausage and Peppers Over Rice is about 40 minutes , and you can serve your Spicy Sausage and Peppers Over Rice within 1 hour . The following are the steps to cook Spicy Sausage and Peppers Over Rice easily:
- 1 Pour brown rice and water into a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender, about 40 minutes.
- 2 Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey sausage, and cook until well browned on the outside, and no longer pink on the inside. Remove cooked sausage, then stir in garlic and onion. Cook for a few minutes until the onion softens and begins to turn translucent. Add green pepper and cook for 2 minutes.
- 3 Pour in half of the vegetable stock along with the tomatoes and pimiento. Season to taste with red pepper flakes, Cajun seasoning, and pepper. Cook until the liquid has almost completely evaporated. Stir in sausage with remaining vegetable broth, and simmer until all is hot. Serve sausage mixture over brown rice.
Per Serving: 412 calories; 3.3 grams of fat; 87.1 grams of carbohydrates; 9.6 grams of protein; 0 milligrams of cholesterol; 275 milligrams of sodium.