A spicy, tomatoey, sausage and rice dish.
- 28 ounces fresh, ground spicy pork sausage
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 slice onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, crushed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 In a skillet, brown sausage and drain grease. Stir in rice, onion, garlic and peppers. Cook 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, chicken broth, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Pour into 9x13 inch pan.
- 3 Bake for 1 hour or until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed. Or, at this step, you can cover and freeze it.
- Calories 704.4
- Carbohydrate 36.5 g
- Cholesterol 88.9 mg
- Fat 53.2 g
- Fiber 2.4 g
- Protein 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 19 g
- Sodium 1556.9 mg
- Sugar 5 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.