Shrimp in a spicy cream sauce to be served as an appetizer with hot-baked French bread (for dipping), or over fettuccini (as a not-so-light meal). Fun to prepare in front of guests as a prelude to a nice seafood dinner! Use any hot pepper you like, Cajun seasoning, or even hotter!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 habanero peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon hot chili powder
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 pound medium shrimp - peeled and deveined
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 pinch salt and white pepper to taste
- 1 French baguette, sliced
- 1 Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add habanero peppers, and garlic, and fry for a few minutes to release the flavors. Add shrimp, and cook stirring constantly until pink, about 5 minutes. Season with chili powder, salt and pepper, stirring to evenly coat the shrimp. Stir in the cream, and cook over low heat until heated through, but do not allow to boil. Serve hot with bread slices.
- Calories 868.4
- Carbohydrate 69.7 g
- Cholesterol 335.9 mg
- Fat 50.8 g
- Fiber 3.6 g
- Protein 34.8 g
- Saturated Fat 28.8 g
- Sodium 1002.4 mg
- Sugar 3.3 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.