Wholesome fish dishes do not have to be boring. I love crab cakes…I have made tuna cakes…so why not tilapia cakes? Add some feta and hot sauce and really make it an interesting fish dish. Serve with a dill sauce or simple sour cream.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tilapia fillets
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil. Add tilapia fillets, salt, and pepper and cook until easily flaked with a fork, about 2 minutes on each side. Turn off the heat and shred the fish with 2 forks. Transfer to a bowl.
- 2 Toss the fish with bread crumbs, green onions, egg, lemon juice, feta cheese, garlic powder, dill, and hot sauce.
- 3 Form patties with your hand and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 4 Set a skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining oil. Cook patties in the hot oil until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Calories 369.1
- Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 142.3 mg
- Fat 20.4 g
- Fiber 1.7 g
- Protein 30.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Sodium 496.6 mg
- Sugar 3 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.