This is a very tasty and easy vegetarian pasta dish. It takes minimal time to prepare and has amazing flavor! It’s also great served with brown rice!
- 1 (16 ounce) package whole wheat rotini pasta
- 1 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 2 ½ cups chopped fresh spinach
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 ounces freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add rotini, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- 2 In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring the vegetable broth to a boil. Reduce heat, and mix in spinach, onion, garlic, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Stir in the black beans and broccoli. Continue to cook and stir 5 to 10 minutes.
- 3 Stir the tomatoes into the saucepan, and continue cooking 10 minutes, or until all vegetables are tender. Serve over the cooked pasta. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
- Calories 279.2
- Carbohydrate 51.1 g
- Cholesterol 6.2 mg
- Fat 3.2 g
- Fiber 9.1 g
- Protein 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Sodium 463 mg
- Sugar 3.3 g