This recipe was the result of tweaking a simple spinach dip chicken recipe I stumbled across. It makes a surprisingly moist cooked chicken with a lot of flavor. I served this with just a salad but it would probably go well with rice.
- cooking spray
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (6.5 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅓ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup finely crushed garlic croutons
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2 Place chicken in the baking dish and season with salt and pepper.
- 3 Combine spinach, cream cheese, artichokes, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper in a bowl; mix well. Spread mixture evenly over chicken and sprinkle crushed croutons on top.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink in centre, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Calories 583.5
- Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 142.3 mg
- Fat 43.5 g
- Fiber 4 g
- Protein 36.7 g
- Saturated Fat 17.3 g
- Sodium 803.1 mg
- Sugar 1.3 g