Quiche works very well. Add seasonings of your family’s choice for more variety. Use ham, bacon, or whatever protein. This quiche needs flavor boosters, so use your spice cabinet. Easily make this a Tex-Mex dish with diced green chiles and a touch of cumin. You could also add crumbled freshly cooked bacon to add more flavor. I served this with sliced avocado and tomatoes for a perfect light dinner.
- ¼ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shell
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- ½ cup chopped sweet onion (such as Vidalia®)
- ¾ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup half-and-half
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch salt-free seasoning blend (such as Mrs. Dash), or to taste
- 1 pinch herbes de Provence, or to taste
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2 Sprinkle 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese in pastry shell. Mix chicken, spinach, onion, and remaining 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese in a bowl; transfer mixture to pastry shell.
- 3 Whisk eggs, half-and-half, mayonnaise, salt, black pepper, seasoning blend, and herbes de Provence in another bowl; pour over chicken mixture.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Calories 352.2
- Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 107 mg
- Fat 28.4 g
- Fiber 1.1 g
- Protein 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Sodium 401.6 mg
- Sugar 0.9 g