This is a great recipe for those delicious fiddleheads that we can only enjoy fresh in the spring. Leftovers are great in an omelet or added to scrambled eggs for breakfast.
- ½ pound fiddlehead ferns, ends trimmed
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Boil fiddlehead ferns for 10 minutes; drain.
- 2 Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook and stir red pepper, yellow pepper, and garlic until peppers begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- 3 Stir fiddleheads into the skillet, and continue to cook and stir until fiddleheads are tender, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Calories 148.4
- Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Fat 10.7 g
- Fiber 0.9 g
- Protein 6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Sodium 3.4 mg
- Sugar 2 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.