- Published Jan 1st
- Ready In1d 1h 53m
Springerle IV Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Springerle IV for 48 servings:
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon anise oil
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon bakers' ammonia
- 2 tablespoons anise seed, or as needed
Springerle IV Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1d 1h 53m
To cook Springerle IV, you need about 45 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Springerle IV is about 8 minutes , and you can serve your Springerle IV within 1 day 1 hour 53 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Springerle IV easily:
- 1 Beat the eggs, sugar, lemon peel and anise oil until very thick.
- 2 Blend the flour and ammonium carbonate. Add in fourths to the egg-sugar mixture, mixing until blended after each addition. Cover dough with a clean towel and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- 3 Shape the dough into a ball and on a lightly floured surface, knead it lightly. Roll it out to 1/4 inch thick. Press a lightly floured springerle rolling pin or mold firmly into the dough to make clear designs. Brush the dough surface gently with a soft brush to remove any excess flour. Cut the frames apart, cover with a clean kitchen towel and let stand for 24 hours.
- 4 Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease cookie sheet and sprinkle the entire surface with anise seeds.
- 5 Lightly brush the back of each frame with water and set on the anise seed coated cookie sheet. Bake for 8 minutes. When cookies are thoroughly cooled, store them in a tightly covered container for 1 to 2 weeks before serving. To soften cookies, store them for several days with a piece of apple or orange.
- Parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 39 calories; 0.3 grams of fat; 8.3 grams of carbohydrates; 0.8 gram of protein; 8 milligrams of cholesterol; 3 milligrams of sodium.