- Published Aug 29th
- Ready In1h 40m
Squasage (Sausage-stuffed Squash) Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Squasage (Sausage-stuffed Squash) for 4 servings:
- 2 acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Squasage (Sausage-stuffed Squash) Cooking Instructions
- Cook1h 20m
- Ready In1h 40m
To cook Squasage (Sausage-stuffed Squash), you need about 20 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Squasage (Sausage-stuffed Squash) is about 1 hour 20 minutes , and you can serve your Squasage (Sausage-stuffed Squash) within 1 hour 40 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Squasage (Sausage-stuffed Squash) easily:
- 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet or line with aluminum foil.
- 2 Place squash, cut sides down, on the prepared baking sheet.
- 3 Bake in the preheated oven until tender, about 1 hour. Flip squash halves over and set aside to cool.
- 4 Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir sausage in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Add celery, mushrooms, and onion; cook and stir until celery is softened, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
- 5 Beat egg in a large bowl; stir in sour cream and Parmesan cheese. Stir cheese mixture into sausage mixture. Fill squash halves with sausage filling.
- 6 Bake in the preheated oven until filling is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 523 calories; 34.9 grams of fat; 30.9 grams of carbohydrates; 24.4 grams of protein; 133 milligrams of cholesterol; 1232 milligrams of sodium.