This colorful, creamy potato casserole can be made more sophisticated by using peeled potatoes and herbed goat cheese.
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 leek, sliced
- 8 purple potatoes, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup milk
- 6 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- 2 Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until it starts to brown. Stir in leeks and cook until just tender.
- 3 Toss potatoes with flour and stir into leek mixture, coating thoroughly. Pour in milk and stir in goat cheese. Cook until cheese is melted and mixture is bubbly. Pour into a 7x11 inch baking dish and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 4 Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until top is golden brown and potatoes are tender.
- Calories 627.3
- Carbohydrate 61.6 g
- Cholesterol 71.6 mg
- Fat 31.4 g
- Fiber 4.4 g
- Protein 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Sodium 753.8 mg
- Sugar 4.9 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.