These meatballs are great! I came up with them on a whim one night while searching through my pantry trying to answer the age old question, ‘What’s for dinner?’ My family LOVES these! I have also taken them to several BBQ’s and they are ALWAYS a big hit! For dinner, I like to serve them with a side of steamed minute rice to go along with the meatballs. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained with juice reserved
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup Italian dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Heat a slow cooker to Medium-High; stir the reserved liquid from the pineapple chunks, soy sauce, vinegar, and brown sugar together in the slow cooker. Whisk the cornstarch into the mixture until dissolved.
- 2 Mix the ground beef, egg, Worcestershire sauce, milk, bread crumbs, onion, salt, and pepper together in a bowl; form into 1-inch balls.
- 3 Heat a large skillet over medium heat; cook the meatballs in the hot skillet until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Place the meatballs into the slow cooker. Add the reserved pineapple chunks and green bell pepper.
- 4 Cover and cook until the meatballs are no longer pink in the center, about 1 hour.
- Calories 479.2
- Carbohydrate 59.6 g
- Cholesterol 118.7 mg
- Fat 16.1 g
- Fiber 2.2 g
- Protein 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Sodium 729.3 mg
- Sugar 45.2 g