Easily made, this is a wonderfully flavorful chicken noodle soup that will cure any common disease and make your guests happy.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 6 stalks celery, diced
- 6 carrot, diced
- ¾ tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- ¾ tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- ¾ tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- ¾ tablespoon chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- 4 quarts low-fat, low sodium chicken broth
- 3 ½ cups cubed skinless, boneless chicken breast meat
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 In a large skillet over medium heat, cook onions in oil until translucent. Stir in celery, carrot, rosemary, tarragon, thyme and parsley and cook, covered, until vegetables are soft, 5 to 10 minutes.
- 2 Transfer vegetable mixture to a large pot and pour in chicken broth. Simmer over low heat, covered, for 30 minutes.
- 3 Stir in chicken breast pieces and egg noodles and simmer, covered, 30 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper.
- Calories 275.7
- Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Cholesterol 65 mg
- Fat 6.6 g
- Fiber 3.9 g
- Protein 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Sodium 593 mg
- Sugar 2.7 g