- Published Mar 28th
- Ready In1h 30m
Sticky Garlic Pork Chops Ingredients
The following are the ingredients needed to make delicious Sticky Garlic Pork Chops for 2 servings:
- For the Marinade and Sauce Mixture:
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed, or more to taste
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce, or to taste
- 2 (10 ounce) thick-cut bone-in pork chops
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
Sticky Garlic Pork Chops Cooking Instructions
- Ready In1h 30m
To cook Sticky Garlic Pork Chops, you need about 10 minutes of preparation time. The time needed to cook this Sticky Garlic Pork Chops is about 20 minutes , and you can serve your Sticky Garlic Pork Chops within 1 hour 30 minutes . The following are the steps to cook Sticky Garlic Pork Chops easily:
- 1 Combine brown sugar, garlic, rice vinegar, and fish sauce in a bowl for the marinade. Add a splash of soy sauce and a plop of ketchup. Finish off with black pepper and hot sauce.
- 2 Pour 1/2 of the marinade into a baking dish and lay pork chops over marinade. Pour the remaining marinade on top and toss pork chops until well coated. Wrap with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator, flipping chops every 30 minutes, 1 to 2 hours.
- 3 Remove chops to a plate, scraping any excess marinade back into the baking dish.
- 4 Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place chops in the hot oil. Cook until outsides are nicely charred and meat springs back when lightly prodded, about 5 minutes per side. Remove chops to a plate to rest.
- 5 Pour the marinade into the skillet. Raise heat to medium-high. Cook until marinade is reduced and sticky, 3 to 5 minutes. Return pork chops and any accumulated juices to the skillet.
- 6 Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook pork chops, flipping and basting occasionally, until the centers are slightly pink and sauce is to your desired degree of stickiness, 6 to 8 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the pork should read about 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
- 7 Plate each pork chop and spoon a portion of the sticky garlic sauce on top.
- Chef's Notes:
- You can use up to 8 cloves of garlic, crushed or minced.
- I used sriracha hot sauce. Feel free to add cayenne pepper, too, if you like.
- Editor's Note:
- Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. This recipe makes 2 pork chops but includes enough marinade for about 4 chops.
Per Serving: 500 calories; 21 grams of fat; 42.4 grams of carbohydrates; 35 grams of protein; 90 milligrams of cholesterol; 1813 milligrams of sodium.