Tender beef slices and crunchy Chinese broccoli or kale are stir-fried in a savory ginger sauce. Easy to make, pretty healthy, and everybody loves it!
- 7 ounces beef sirloin, sliced into strips
- 1 ¼ teaspoons chicken bouillon granules, divided
- 1 teaspoon white sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon ginger juice
- 3 tablespoons water, divided
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 (4 inch) piece ginger root, peeled and sliced
- 14 ounces Chinese broccoli, sliced
- 1 Toss beef strips with 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules and 3/4 teaspoon sugar in a bowl. Marinate in the refrigerator, 20 minutes to 1 hour.
- 2 Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules, 1/4 teaspoon sugar, and ginger juice in a bowl.
- 3 Mix 2 tablespoons water with cornstarch in a small bowl. Add to bowl with ginger juice mixture; stir.
- 4 Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a wok over medium-high heat; cook and stir ginger until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add broccoli; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add remaining 1 tablespoon water, cover, and cook until broccoli is cooked but still crunchy, about 1 minute. Transfer to a dish.
- 5 Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the wok. Add beef; cook and stir to medium well doneness, about 4 minutes. Add ginger juice mixture and broccoli. Cook and stir until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Calories 234.4
- Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 28.6 mg
- Fat 13.8 g
- Fiber 3.3 g
- Protein 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Sodium 273.5 mg
- Sugar 1.7 g