Doing the eat-for-your-blood-type diet. This salad is a yummy treat I can eat!! Took fresh local strawberries and some friends’ home-grown sugar snap peas and tried to recreate this salad I had read in a mystery book years ago. Goes well with a nice steak from the grill. Enjoy!
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons raspberry vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 Bring a pot of water to boil and place a steamer insert in the pot. Place peas in steamer, cover, and cook until bright green, about 30 seconds. Drain and run under cold water until peas are cool; set aside.
- 2 Whisk olive oil, raspberry vinegar, and Dijon mustard in a bowl until well blended. Allow vinegar dressing to rest for a few minutes.
- 3 Combine sugar snap peas and strawberry slices in a large bowl. Pour dressing over pea mixture, gently tossing to combine. Serve immediately or chill for up to 1 hour.
- Calories 122.5
- Carbohydrate 17 g
- Fat 5.6 g
- Fiber 4.4 g
- Protein 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Sodium 17.9 mg
- Sugar 8.5 g
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, RedCipes will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.