This elegant recipe uses cake mix and a no-bake cheesecake mix to create a cake that is perfect for any special occasion. Use your favorite homemade or canned vanilla buttercream.
- 1 (11 ounce) package no-bake instant cheesecake mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 serving cooking spray
- 2 (18.25 ounce) packages white cake mix
- 2 ½ cups water
- 5 large eggs
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16 ounce) package vanilla buttercream frosting
- 4 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 Beat cheesecake filling mix and milk together in a bowl with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium and beat until thick, about 3 minutes.
- 2 Chill until firm, at least 2 hours.
- 3 Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray two 9-inch cake pans with cooking spray.
- 4 Beat white cake mix, water, eggs, canola oil, and vanilla extract together in a bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Divide batter evenly between the prepared cake pans.
- 5 Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of each cake layer comes out clean, 29 to 33 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pans on a wire rack for 5 to 10 minutes. Turn the cakes onto waxed paper-covered racks and let them cool completely.
- 6 Place 1 cooled cake layer on a serving plate and spread with a generous layer of cheesecake filling. Slice 1/2 of the strawberries and place on top. Top with the second cake layer. Frost the entire cake with vanilla buttercream. Garnish the top with whole or sliced strawberries.
- Calories 812.3
- Carbohydrate 105.2 g
- Cholesterol 80.8 mg
- Fat 33.5 g
- Fiber 2.3 g
- Protein 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Sodium 855.3 mg
- Sugar 87.9 g